Level : A1-A2
Title: What did you do last weekend?
Type: revising past tense forms
Aims: by the end of the lesson the students will be able to:
- use the correct Past tense forms of the studied verbs;
- write correct sentences and paragraphs using Past Tense;
- use the connectors first, next, after that, finally to talk/ write about past activities;
- answer questions correctly using short answers using Past Tense;
Methods: explanation, exercise, conversation
Means: computers, worksheets
Organization: frontal, individual
Skills: writing, speaking, listening, reading
Organization (2 min)
The teacher organizes the class and the students prepare the necessary materials. The teacher announces the title and the aims of the lesson.
Activity 1 (6min)
Worksheet: Match the verbs with the correct Past Tense forms:
Activity 2 (4 min)
Look at the pictures and answer the questions
- Did Mr. and Mrs. Smith go on holiday?
- Did they take the bus?
- Did they hitch hike?
- Did they go to the beach?
- Did they watch TV?
- Did they go toLondon?
- Did the have a flat tire?
- Did they play tennis?
- Did they eat in a restaurant?
- Did they go skiing?
Activity 3 (8 min)
- Fill in with the correct Past Tense forms of the verbs in brackets:
Sarah ____________ (visit) her grandparents last weekend. First, she _______ (play) with her dog. Then, she _________ (eat) apples from the garden. After that, she ____________(help) her grandma in the kitchen. They ___________ (make) an apple pie. Finally, she __________(go) to bed at 10 o’clock.
- Insert : FIRST, NEXT, AFTER THAT, FINALLY
It was Tim’s birthday last weekend. His family did many things. His mother made him his favorite cake- chocolate and cherries. His sisters decorated the house. His brother went shopping for crisps, juice and ice-cream. His father arranged the tables and the chairs in the backyard.
Tim had a wonderful party!
Activity 4 (25 min)
Use the following words to write similar paragraphs in English. Choose between the two columns.
After the students finish, they read their texts.
Homework (3 min): Write a paragraph about what you and your family did last weekend.
Evaluation (2 min): The teacher evaluates the students’ answers and encourages them to participate further.